I tell myself there's no space for me to go with them; it's too small, there's no room. But appearances are deceiving; it's bigger on the inside. So I take their hands
and jump onto the bandwagon.
--- --- ---
Welcome to Tumblr
‘What are you hiding?’ He demands with a narrowed look, expression full of fury in replacement of fear.
‘I’m not hiding anything,’ he lies.
How dog breeders have “improved” breeds over the past 100 years.
- The basset hound never used to sit so low. The dog has suffered changes to his rear leg structure, has excessive skin, vertebrae problems, droopy eyes that are prone to ectropion and entropion, and excessively large ears.
- The bull terrier used to be an athletic dog, but over the years his snout was mutated to be oversized and bending downwards, leading to respiratory issues. Many bull terriers have supernumerary teeth and are compulsive tail chasers and air biters owing to brain deformities.
- The boxer now has a much shorter face with an extremely short snout. The hindquarters are also lower. Like all brachycephalic dogs, the boxer has difficulty controlling his temperature in hot weather, meaning they are prone to overheating and collapsing in the summer. The boxer also has one of the highest cancer rates among dog breeds and many modern day boxers suffer from seizures.
- The english bulldog has evolved into a creature that suffers from almost every known disease. A kennel club survey conducted in 2004 found that they die on average at only 6 years and 4 months old. They cannot mate without human intervention, and cannot give birth naturally due to their giant heads. There is no such thing as a truly healthy bulldog.
- The dachshund, at one time, used to have functional legs and necks for their size. Their backs and legs have gotten longer, chest jutted forward, and legs have shrunk to such proportions that there is barely any clearance between their chest and the floor. Obese dachshunds usually have to actually drag their bellies across the ground. Their risk for intervertebral disc disease - which can result in paralysis - is extremely high. They are also prone to achrondoplastic related pathologies, progressive retinal apathy, and problems with their legs and joints.
- Pugs are the most inbred breed of dog in existence - an investigation carried out found that amongst the 10,000 pugs found in the UK are so inbred, the gene pool consists of the equivalent of only 50 individuals. They are extremely brachycephalic, and suffer severely from all the associated problems - the folds in their face frequently get infected, they struggle to breathe (making snoring/snorting/huffing noises even without moving), they have high blood pressure, low oxygenation, often collapse and die in the summer or if allowed to overheat, dentition problems due to their skulls being so curled in, and perhaps most shocking - their double curled tail is actually a genetic defect, and in its most serious forms leads to paralysis and many dogs needed a wheelchair or being euthanised if this progresses. These dogs are usually culled if they fail to produce this ‘attractive’ trait.
Healthy puppies that do not succumb to these ridiculous modern day breed standards are usually culled. One very heartbreaking example is the rhodesian ridgeback. The ridge is actually a genetic deformity - a mild form of spinal bifida - and puppies born without this ridge are healthy - but since the ridge is their namesake, healthy puppies are normally culled at birth and only those with noticeable ridges are bred from, thus passing the disability down to future dogs. Below is a ridgeback alongside a healthy, ridgeless dog.
3 to 4 million dogs and cats are killed every year because shelters are too full…. people are choosing to buy from breeders or shops instead of offering them a home.
Homeless animals outnumber homeless people by 5:1.
Only 1 in 10 dogs will ever find a permanent home.
25 PER CENT OF DOGS THAT ENTER SHELTERS ARE PUREBREEDS.
Please consider adopting a homeless dog. Please don’t encourage breeding these animals when there are so many being killed every year. Breeding is a profit, not “just” a hobby, and even if you think your breeder is reputable, they are still churning out puppies into a world where pets are seen as disposable.
Fuck breeders. All about money. Meanwhile, the dogs that are constantly bred suffer extreme health problems, while all the dogs that are left at the shelters are killed because no one adopted them.
this is so sad LET ME ADOPT ALL OF THE DOGS.
This is one of my unpopular opinions. I believe all (or at least most) pedigree dog breeding should be banned.
But I normally don’t talk about it cause people are very attached to their fav breeds and I understand how adorable a lot of them are (like pugs).
But everything here is 100% true. I honestly believe pedigree dog breeding is animal abuse.
If you don’t believe me watch this documentary Pedigree Dogs Exposed.
Edit: the film is very sad and can be hard to watch.
yooo everybody. my mom and i were goofing around and found this seriously FUCKED UP site. all your information, (phone number, nam, address even) is available for 2.99. like everything. please watch this video on how to remove it. (im not sure if it’s there for minors, but if you’ve ever owned/rented a house you’re definitely there. it’s worth checking it out to make sure.)
video on how to remove information. : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPFLagxnDsA
fucked up website: http://www.spokeo.com/
also, if you’ve lived in more than one place/state it has you multiple times, remove all of your profile things. (it had my mom 4 times, all over our state. even from when she lived in a house 9 years ago.)
SIGNAL BOOST THIS SHIT
YES THERE ARE MINORS ON HERE ALSO I JUST CHECKED ME AND IT HAS MY ~PERSONAL~ INFO ON THERE
This is very concerning. I just spent the last ten minutes removing my entire family (including my 14-year-old sister) from the site.
Cool Mom Tech has a guide on how to take your information off the site if for some reason you can’t watch the above video.
Just to inform everyone, it’s American only, but it’s real. I’ve found 3 of my friends already with this sight and the only reason I knew it was them was because I happen to have their address. PLEASE CONFIRM IF YOU ARE ON THIS SITE AND IF YOU ARE, REMOVE YOURSELF. NOW.
I’m screaming internally because I just searched up a handful of my friends who live in America.. and found every single one of them without fail. This is scary.
THAAAATS ME THAT’S MY HOUSE THAT’S MY PARENTS THAT’S wait apparently I have brother named edward
See, I throw my information around all the damn time, but Spokeo still has my address listed as the same one from five years ago and no more information on me.
Guess the secret to secrets is… don’t have any secrets.
I’m also fairly upfront about my info, and while the email it has listed for me is one I haven’t used in over ten years, what really creeps me out is that it has the value of my parents’ house and the square footage listed.
Edit: Okay, uh, also scary is it apparently limits the number of times you can do this. I just did myself, and several of my friends, but when I tried to do our boyfriend it gave me this message: “In order to prevent abuse, we must limit the frequency of automated privacy requests.”
Which seems incredibly shady given the entire fucking nature of this site.
I’m gonna give it a few hours then see if I can go back in.
This is why I’m so fearful of people teaching Facebook how to recognize their face in photos. When Facebook (or Google, for that matter) eventually sells that data to sites like this, the creep on the bus or on the street corner who thinks you’re pretty just has to snap a photo of you in order to show up at your house or start sending you texts. You don’t need to give him any info—he took everything he needed when he took your picture.
Recent photoshoots of the HP cast. 
OMG, RUPERT IS WEARING A FURBY T-SHIRT!!! I don’t know whether to cower in fear or admire his bravery because, seriously, those things are scary as heck.
this is my friend. she could really use your help.
> > donate to jen’s fund < <
seeing my friend in this state does not feel real. i never thought something like this would happen to someone i know, let alone to my closest friend. looking at this picture is really painful for me, but her and her family’s wellbeing may depend on the kindness of friends and possibly strangers like you, so getting her story out there is really crucial. even if you don’t have money to give, if you you wouldn’t mind sharing this, maybe one of your followers will donate. that could really add up! i’ve seen other success stories on tumblr. please, please help me make my friend a success story. this is so real to me.
my friend, jenevieve kim, was hit by a car while biking home on georgia tech campus. the police report states that the accident was in a 25 mph zone and witnesses claimed she flew thirty feet from the car, yet the driver refuses to take responsibility (says it’s “her fault”) and is paying nothing. she can’t weigh in on this, of course, because she remembers nothing of the accident, which is understandable considering she has a cracked skull, internal head bleeding, a broken leg, ribs, and a cracked hip among other expensive injuries. the cost for keeping her alive is estimated to be over $15,000.
i’m so grateful she’s survived, but she’s still in pretty awful shape. plus, she doesn’t have insurance. and her family is struggling as it is and won’t be able to help her. (she was previously helping them financially. btw, she’s 20.) jen is the hardest worker i know, a selfless friend, and was previously paying her own way through college. she was forced to quit her music business internship (her dream job) next semester because of this and won’t be able to attend school at all for a long time.
my friend is on her own with all of this. but i decided it doesn’t have to be that way. life itself isn’t fair by any means (see above. did i mention this happened the week after her birthday? like holy shit), but regardless there are still good people in this world. as a community, we can do everything we can to even the score. please help me take this off my friend’s plate so she can heal.
if you could consider sharing this with your followers or friends, jen’s loved ones and supporters will be forever grateful. every person who shares this will be personally thanked. i don’t care if this reaches a thousand notes (which i doubt), every kind stranger who supports my friend in any way deserves a personal thank you.
also, every single person who donates will receive a handmade gift. i don’t care if you’re all the way in korea. you will receive a handmade token of appreciation. there’s been 99 donators thus far; i (and a few of our friends) already started making a few things. they’ll be really cool, promise!
if you have any fundraising suggestions, words of encouragement, or would like to help in any way please feel free to contact me. thank you sincerely for taking the time to read jen’s story, and thank you to my followers, who will no doubt hear about this story for quite some time, for being so patient. i realize i was almost exclusively a k/j-horror blog previously, which makes this a bit more surreal for me.
thanks! please signal boost!
Got a text from my sister today telling me that our dog ran away from home
It took every ounce of effort to not breakdown and cry during my work shift today
He’s my baby…my 14 year old baby that i’ve had since he was 3 months old and it just hurts like nothing i’ve ever felt…
yes! they will also bitch that you’re taking too long and they’d do it better - while typing away at ther comp. granted it’s work but still
It gets annoying sometimes (read: practically all of the time) but it’s better to go with the flow and grumble in silence than get into a stupid argument over it. X_X
And then you’ll be left with a big mess and thinking: “I don’t know what just happened”.